Old 24-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Mark Mitchell

From Mark, original poster about Scott's

We have two main companies in Georgia, Scott's and Trugreen. Both are in the
same category, trunk slammers. They whiz by unexpectedly and whiz something
onto your lawn and then whiz you on the billing. Someone in the group
suggested I buy the equipment and go into business myself but that's a tough
business practice to follow up on. I commend you on the homebrew concept and
I have looked into it also.

I like Northern Tool, they have the sprayer system complete with 250 gallon
tank, two hoses and reels, pumps, and everything you need for about $2,000.
I'm looking into a sprayer that is about half of that, I have 1 1/4 acre
lawn. Send any tips you get to me for Bermuda lawns, I will be sod and
seeding after extensive fill dirt and soil replacement next year.

My options are to buy Bobcat type excavator machine, sprayer, and etc. to
make my lawn good again. That way I won't need any weed and feed cowboys
fresh from prison release or crack heads spraying who knows what on my lawn.
I'm not going into business but will help my neighbors that have similar
stories about the Irish Travelers, Scott's.

Good luck, where are you located and what turf do you have?

"The Primate" wrote in message
"Mark Mitchell" wrote in message
news
Scott's decision of my sod replacement:

They announced the same day to stockholders that several cost cutting
measures were put in place to keep their earnings from being so low.

Did you know those are just franchises?

Who would pay $65,000. to have the honor of working with crooks, creeps,
and
sluts, I mean slugs.

Then you have to buy their trucks, sorry chemicals, and feel good about
killing others lawns.

I would rather just admit to and start robbing crippled people.

I am just getting into lawn care myself after having "The Weedman" do my
lawn every summer. I don't too good about the pricey services they
provided. They provided absolutly no good information on the problems my
lawn was having, ie Moss, bare spots, etc. Luckily we hired someone at

work
knowledgeable about lawn care, that along with reading on the Net has made

great difference to my lawn which has suffered badly over a few hot

summers.

AP