Old 24-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Michael Persiano

In a message dated 7/22/2005 6:30:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

have had a blue atlas cedar for many years. It was
pot bound and full of weed grass. I finally styled it
as a bunjin and repotted the thing. Now I realize how
unhealthy the plant had become. I always had distinct
rosettes of needles, now I have this mass of foliage.
So what do I do? Pull needles??

Kits:

If you treat the Blue Atlas Cedar as is if were a Japanese White Pine, it
should do quite well. Remember: if you remove all of this year's growth, the
branch will most likely dieback. If you need to pull needles, focus on
removal the previous year's growth.

If you can post or send me an image of the tree, I can provide advice on the
future design for the tree.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob