Old 24-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 7/23/2005 9:56:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Buttonwood leaves are on the large size, &look better on a larger specimen.

However, they can be reduced somewhat by frequent pinching. You just have to

keep at it.
Iris

Mike Cartrett of South Florida has an interesting presentation on
Buttonwood in which identified a number of different leaf form on Buttonwoods.
Some of the leaf forms reduce better than others. As I recall he said the rounder
the leaf the better it reduces. This has also been my experience with a
number of different Buttonwoods. I have seen only pictures but Suthin is said to
have a very small leafed Buttonwood that was exhibited recently in DC.
So if you are buying Buttonwoods for Bonsai look at the leaf shape.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++