Old 19-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Alan and Liz

Default Homework question for college

Thanks all.
Dave, I had more or less come to this explanation from gleaning information
on various web links although your description was just what I
wanted,confirming what I thought.
Janet,this was one of the reasons for me getting in a muddle as when
trawling through horticultural sites, they kept on about, ' floating covers
' and ' floating rows ' just to make the issue confusing. However, all this
seemed to be included under the heading of ' Mulches'
Perhaps someone else could clarify this for me.
Dave, I'm at college in worthing in Sussex with 2 excellent tutors who have
fantastic knowledge about allaspects of gardening. I'm in the second year of
the course and we take the exam if we choose to in March. The course is
certainly very thorough in a great range of horticultural subjects and I
have learnt so much in a year. Are you on a course or have you been?
Regards,
Liz