Old 19-11-2002, 07:06 PM
DaveDay34

Default using an angle-grinder to cut down live Leylandii

Now, can anyone suggest what I might do to the things tonight to stop
them re-sprouting please - something which won't spread through the
soil.

--
dave @ stejonda

Dave, I don't think there is much you can do. Some plants can be sprayed with
a hormone treatment which slows down growth. I don't know the name of the
hormone/chemical but the product most often seen in GC's goes under the trade
name of Cutlass. It's only suitable for certain plants, and I think it's not
suitable for leylandii. You can maybe check, but I think you're out of luck,
unless anyone else has any ideas. Personally I'd have the things out
completely as they're such a pain to keep looking tidy and managable. Sorry I
don't have netter news.

Dave.