Old 19-11-2002, 07:44 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default using an angle-grinder to cut down live Leylandii

In message , DaveDay34
writes
Now, can anyone suggest what I might do to the things tonight to stop
them re-sprouting please - something which won't spread through the
soil.

Dave, I don't think there is much you can do. Some plants can be
sprayed with a hormone treatment which slows down growth. I don't know
the name of the hormone/chemical but the product most often seen in
GC's goes under the trade name of Cutlass. It's only suitable for
certain plants, and I think it's not suitable for leylandii. You can
maybe check, but I think you're out of luck, unless anyone else has any
ideas. Personally I'd have the things out completely as they're such a
pain to keep looking tidy and managable. Sorry I don't have netter news.

That's Ok Dave, thanks for the thought. Cutlass (heh thinks... if it's
not suitable for leylandii maybe it would poison them :~ ) would
presumably need reapplying periodically and on someone else's trees (as
they will be) I don't think I could really do that. Hopefully I can
establish good relations with the new neighbours and convince them of
the need to get rid of them in toto.

--
dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/