Old 19-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default using an angle-grinder to cut down live Leylandii

In article ,
Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote:
In message , "dave @ stejonda"
writes

Now, can anyone suggest what I might do to the things tonight to stop
them re-sprouting please - something which won't spread through the
soil.

No need to worry, they won't (or shouldn't) resprout. Unlike deciduous
trees which will normally resprout in such situations (hence coppicing)
conifers don't.

ObPedant: except for the coast redwood and Cretan cypress, which do.
I don't know of any others that do reliably, but I have seen the odd
sprout from old wood on my Korean fir and a few others. Yews are not
conifers, of course.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679