Old 20-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Jon Green

Default using an angle-grinder to cut down live Leylandii

"dave @ stejonda" wrote:

I like the idea of being sure. What size copper nails do I need to head
out & buy for a surreptitious hammering session this afternoon?

Heh-heh! Dunno; I guess any size that's pure copper. You'd want to
have nail-heads small enough that they don't show, I s'pose, and bang
enough of them in to be sure.

It's probably considerate not to nail them in at a height that's likely
to be attacked by chainsaws, though: if the chainsaw blade hits metal,
it could cause injury to the chainsaw operator, although copper's softer
than steel, of course.

Not that I'd suggest doing this to someone else's leylandii, of course.
Strictly to nobble your own trees....

Jon
--
SPAM BLOCK IN USE! Replace 'deadspam' with 'green-lines' to reply in email.
Want a free solution to email spam? Try http://www.deadspam.com/