Old 20-11-2002, 04:35 PM
cormaic

Default using an angle-grinder to cut down live Leylandii

'Twas Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:47:43 +0000, when Victoria Clare
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

I have one to add to your list, Nick - my Chamaecyparis pisifera
'Boulevard' got horribly abused while I was moving house and no-one
remembered to water it. It just had a tuft of green left on top and looked
very sad, - but is coming back beautifully now.

Which pleases me because I've had it about 15 years now, and it's almost 4
feet tall (if rather taller and thinner than it should be).

Dead easy to do cuttings - I'm on my 4th generation this
autumn : cuttings of a cutting of a cutting of the original
C.p.Boulevard I bought in '91.

The 1 or 2 yr old specimens are great in winter baskets or
tubs.

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk