Old 21-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Paul England

Default Old Wives and Cultivators

A neighbour and myself are about to acquire an allotment, which is good news
as our small gardens have been hijacked for flowers and shrubs by the
ladies.
The allotment is somewhat overgrown and neglected and we are thinking of
hiring a cultivator for the weekend. However, a couple of the
'allotmentees', suggest that this will only bring weed seeds to the surface,
but they cannot provide any supporting evidence to back this theory up.
Has any one else heard this story, or is it merely an old wives' tale,
planted by fork manufacturers + chiropractors
Regards ..............Paul