Old 25-07-2005, 05:15 AM
paghat

In article , "Warren"
wrote:

wrote:.

This is the same implication that I expected
the inspector might make at the hearing, so
I was prepared with a clarifying photo:
http://cpacker.org/a4.jpg

I've seen sidewalks narrow, and occasionally curve. But that curve as it
narrows in the middle of a slab, with no difference in the apparent vintage
of the concrete very much looks like it's not the pavement that narrows, but
the vegetation that's overgrowing unevenly. There also appears to be a
plethora of noxious weeds mixed in there, too.

This picture may put the rest into better context, but I'm afraid not in a
favorable light for you. It also highlights the disrepair of the retaining
wall. Lush vegetation, ala cottage garden, is one thing. But this last
picture pretty much clears-up that this isn't lush vegetation, but an
unmaintained and unmanaged yard.

The more you tell us, the more it's looking like you're not just an innocent
victim with an alternative landscape plan, but someone who has let the weeds
take over, and the retaining wall deteriorate. If you're going to bring in
pictures to defend your yard care aesthetics, you could at least have
swept-up the dead leaves, and pulled a few of the more obvious weeds before
taking the pictures!

Well I thought it looked nice.

-paggers
--