Old 22-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Robert

Default Potatoes - no earthing up?

You must keepthe light out to stop the potatoes going green and then being
deadly poisonous. Black polythene in between will do

"Paul Taylor" wrote in message
news
Most books I read on planting pototoes say they need earthing up -
however as I only have limited space I want to plant the rows closer
together which means I can no longer earth them up. To counter this I am
considering planting the seed pototoes deeper. This seems to make sense
to me (but I'm not a vastly experianced gardner!). Could anyone please
comment on this as a reasonable sensible technique - or do spuds really
have to be earthed up.

Thanks

PT