Old 25-07-2005, 12:24 PM

Default new pond, dead frogs?

greetings, i recall from my reef keeping days that i would initiate a
new aquarium by introducing some mollys. not only were they hardy but
if/when they died, their decomposition helped with the bacteria cycle.
is it the same with ponds? the reason i ask is that we found a dead
frog in our pool yesterday (freshly dead since it was swimming around
an hour earlier) and i went ahead and dropped him in the pond (recently
filled about a few days ago with a few plants). mistake?

also, am in search of a new pump. we currently have a 1HP dynamo that
came with our filtration system. it seems a bit weak to power our
waterfalls and water swirler. any recommendation for a more quiet
(energy efficient) one?

thanks!