Old 25-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Totty

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message .com
from "Totty" contains these words:

Sacha wrote:
On 24/7/05 15:58, in article
, "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message .com
from "Totty" contains these words:

. Mine have had full sun for months and
still show no sign of "blueing". Flowers are still cream and pink and
the leaves and bracts although glaucus, I would still class as green.

Eh? afaik my cmp doesn't ever have cream and pink flowers, are you
sure you have the right plant?

Janet.

Doesn't that sound more like a comfrey?
--

http://tinyurl.com/ds22f
Photo taken ten minutes ago. Your opinion please. Comfrey or cerinthe?

Not comfrey. The leaves' shape look like cerinthe, (though not as
glaucous as m-ps leaves) but the flowers look nothing like m-p's. I
think it must be another kind of cerinthe though can't spot a lookalike
in google-images.

Janet, I have just searched URG messages for my first posting on
cerinthe major purpurascens at the beginning of the month. I mentioned
then that the seeds were a freeby with Gardens Monthly. Another poster
in Denmark remarked that she also had the seeds from the magazine, but
that hers had grown the blue bracts and flowers, so I assume that the
seeds were labelled correctly. Maybe it is something to do with the
growing conditions, or too much sun, that has caused the "bleaching" of
the flower colours. Hopefully they will self-seed in time for the
Autumn rains (if they arrive) and next years plants will have longer to
reach maturity before the sun gets too strong.

--
Jo
Alicante