Old 25-07-2005, 08:30 PM
clc

"Alan Sung" wrote in message
oups.com...
Forget about using Dylox at this point. All grubs have turned into
their adult flying form by now in Mass. so the Dylox would not be
effective.

You should use Imidacloprid, the active ingredient in MERIT. This is
about the time you want to apply MERIT in Mass. It is a systemic that
will affect newly hatched grubs. This is currently egg laying season.

Grubex no longer contains Imidacloprid.

-al sung
Hopkinton, MA
Zone 6a

Actually I just saw a local gardening show on PBS that spoke to this very
subject. They indicated that unless everyone within a mile of you used a
ground treatment anything YOU do will be basically worthless because JBs
will travel a mile to feed. And, short of having a grass landscape alone,
they will feed on just about anything.

I do feel your pain. I have a very small property and I easily pick
hundreds an evening from my plants. They're devouring everything from
asparagus fronds to roses to petunias to daisys to coneflowers.

Cheryl