Old 25-07-2005, 04:57 PM

sheepish mode onSorry, I sent that out to the wrong
newsgroup./sheepish mode off

Oh well, to make up for my typing boo-boo, here's an update on my
phal:

The largest bud is over two centimetres long. It looks like I should
have at least five flowers, assuming all buds open, although there is
a possibility I might get six or seven. There is a huge size/maturity
difference between the largest bud and the smallest.

It is still putting out new aerial roots and off-shoots from the older
roots.

The only thing that has me curious is that a couple of the roots have
developed brownish marks that look like stains or burn marks. I
recalled somebody posting about fertilizer burn, and I was wondering
what the symptoms happened to be. Mind you I haven't changed the
concentration of plant food I use or my watering method.

I don't think the roots suffered anything but superficial damage, and
I wasn't even going to post about it, but now that I'm here...
--Vic