Old 22-11-2002, 11:04 PM
sacha

Default Home again!

in article , Judith Lea at
wrote on 22/11/02 10:27 pm:

In article , sacha
writes
why everyone doesn't move to
California or Hawaii and then I remember earthquakes..........we felt a
couple of tremors and statisticians say they're overdue for a biggie.

Edward and I were in Italy 20 miles from the awful heartbreak of the
school coming down. I can honestly say I have never seen my husband
panic before like this but when the hotel room heaved, doors flew open,
wardrobe doors opened and my husband uttered a word I have never
heard him say in all our years of marriage. I went onto the balcony and
was promptly hauled in by the scruff of my collar as he had noticed that
the rail had broken away. It was a shocking experience, even more
shocking when we were overrun by journalists and camera crew from all
over the World - they were everywhere. Needless to say we did not go
near the actual site we moved further down the coast towards Bari but
even then we felt the aftershock. Horrible experience for us and God
help all those who lost their children.

Truly terrifying and yes, a really awful tragedy. I was nervous enough
having felt a couple of 'shimmers' both in LA and once in Turkey. You must
both have been frightened witless.

On a more cheerful note Welcome back Sacha, I missed you.

Thanks, Judith and you too! ;-)