Old 26-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Scooter the Mighty

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:
In a message dated 7/25/2005 3:40:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I'm wondering if I can cut this plant back hard (which would probably
remove all the leaves), or will that kill it?

This can depend upon where you live and keep the tree. In south
Florida they regularly defoliate the entire tree without harm. Further north and it
will die.

I live in Seattle, but the tree is kept indoors. It's a pretty
constant 71 degrees with 70-73% humidity.

Or should I try grafting leafy parts lower down the branches?

Grafting can work, I would try approach grafts, where the new foliage
has its own small pot and roots that support it while it bonds with the larger
tree.

I actually have some rooted cuttings from that very tree I could do
that with, if necessary.