Old 25-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Martin Brown

Dwayne wrote:

I have searched for the name of a weed I have infecting my front lawn but
cant find it anywhere so heres a few clues, from which I hope someone can
tell me the weed and how to rid myself of it forever.
1: the only thing I have found which exhibits the growing behaviour is
Creeping Buttercup (Ranunculus repens)
http://www.crocus.co.uk/pestscards/?...ard&comboID=62
could that be the wrong picture?

That looks like creeping btercup.
The fastest way to ID a plant is let it flower but not set seed.

2: this stuff has a geranium type leaf but the outer edges are zig zagged.

Geraniums have various leaf shapes...

3: the roots are not very deep but they seem to spread just below the
surface and then it puts up leaves at various intervals.
I have been going out and ripping the stuff up as soon as I see leaves and
it seems to be reducing but if there is a more thorough way to get rid I
would like to hear it.

What colour is the flower and what does it look like?

A broadleaf specific lawn weedkiller will probably see it off.

Regards,
Martin Brown