Old 25-07-2005, 11:26 PM
andrewpreece

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

"Capt T" wrote in message
Can anyone help with a mystery plant that appeared this year without
warning. I have published a picture on..
www.mandeg.blogspot.com

Quite an attractive plant but a bit prone to blackfly..

Thanks for anyhelp.

___________________
Definitely Indian Balsam~ Impatiens glandulifera[Policeman's helmet]
Introduced from the Himalayas in 1839. Requires moisture. Not a real
problem and well worth growing to amuse children[and dads] with its
explosive fruits. The seeds can really sting.
Best Wishes Brian.

I'd get rid of it if I were you. You'll be pulling the seedlings up ad
infinitum.
This stuff has colonised river banks near me to the extent that nothing else
grows there in summer.

Andy.