Old 25-07-2005, 11:37 PM
ned

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
NikV wrote:
My M-I-L has had a tree planted by neighbours within 1.5 m from her
house wall, over 2 years it has leapt up to about 4m tall. We are
trying to id the tree, unfortunately I've not had the camera to

take
a photograph so can anybody give us a clue from :

Leaves - long(12in - 300mm) narrow (2in - 50mm) dark green tapering
to a point, edges not serrated but slightly wavy (above and below
plane of the leaf) distinct central vein ridged below leaf.
Branches - upright at top weeping lower down with alternate leaves
hanging down
Trunk - smooth light grey

Probably a willow.

Grey trunk, long thin leaves, certainly sounds willow like.
But I know not a variety with 12 inch long leaves
- especially on a 4m tall specimen.
Not that I know much about them, is Eucalyptus a contender?

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 12.07.2005