Old 26-07-2005, 03:17 AM
boothbay

Default Orchid seems to need watering every 2-3 days

I recently repotted my Phal and Dend with just fir bark and charcoal
mixture. In fact was bought in home depot marked for orchids. Water it
then about a couple of days ago and today, I noticed one leaf turning
pale on the Phal and on the Dend the 3 remaining flowers were sort of
curling to itself. Not a good site. I took them both out and sure enough
except for the very bottom of these clay 4" inch pots were dry. Some of
the roots were rotting and I clipped the bad ones off. But they were
healthy looking a couple of days ago. Did the repotting do this? Are
they that sensitive? I like it when the botanical garden book that I
have on orchids recommends to water them at best weekly with a fir bark
soil arrangement. Mine needed it in 2 to 3 days. Its enough to drive one
insane...only kidding.