Old 26-07-2005, 10:37 AM
KCnRichmond

Liquid CIM is available hero.....You can DIY...It rolls on w/paint roller
and turns to rubber..
The pump should be at the bottom of the wall with the plumbing going to the
top to a trough of some sort such as a piece of vinyl gutterw/holes drilled
along the bottom to drain down your wall....I've built such an animal a few
years ago...Sort of the same shape except I used a window from a full glass
storm door for the back part..
Hero because you've "never done anything like this before..." and you're
doing it........ Keep going..

wrote in message
oups.com...

I was wondering if anyone has attempted this.

What I have in mind:

I don't know the technical terms for the parts of fountains, but I'll
explain the best way I can. I have in mind two basic parts: the pool
part at the bottom (sqaure shape) and the vertical (rectangle shape)
part on the back that will house the pump inside and circulate water to
create a waterfall over the top and into the pool. (Picture the whole
thing as a chair shape without legs and the waterwall coming over the
top of the chair and into the seat.)

I'm thinking of doing this out of brick.

After that is complete and dry, I want to cover it with concrete to
hide the brick structure and then paint it with some concrete paint to
give it either a terra-cotta color or maybe a Tuscan-style yellow.

I've never done anything like this, so I need some insight from people
who maybe have experience in putting something like this together. I
know I'll need some type of sealant. Would that only need to go in the
pool area or inside the well part also. Would the entire inside need to
be coated with a sealant? And would I do the sealant before or after I
paint?

What kind of pump would I need to push the water up and give it a wide
sheet of water effect coming off the top? Is that the basics I need: a
pool, well and pump?

Last I want to embellish it with a mosaic on the bottom of the pool
and some sort of tile design on the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching websites,
but can't really kind what I'm looking for.

Thanks!