Old 26-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Bourne Identity

If you've seen a hummingbird close up you'd know their beak could be a
sewing needle! The grill is a bee guard. I personally don't use bee
guards, but people who are allergic may. I also do not use the
hummingbird food they supply. You do not need red dye, and it can be
very dangerous to the health of the birds. Use plain water, four parts
water to one part white sugar, boil, cool and use that. Store it in
the fridge.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:38:03 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Have recently bought a hummingbird feeder, but have unfortunately discarded
the package so don't know the brand or model to mention.

Anyway, it has the inverted glass bulb, and four sunflower looking yellow
ports for the birds (hopefully).

My question is:

Each round port is covered by a grill consisting of really small holes,
behaps around a
1/32 of aninch, or so. Also, the exact center hole of this grill (or
screen) is blocked.

Hard to believe that any hummingbirds beak is small enough to fit thru these
holes.

Might anyone care to comment on this, please ?

Thanks,
Bob