Old 26-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Martin Brown

Judith Lea wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to stop newsgroup spam - I have reported it to
Demon but nothing seems to be happening - is there anything I can do
this end?

The short answer is you can't reliably, but if you are prepared to
accept a small risk of collateral damage block the zones of the internet
that are littered with open mail relays and dozy sysops - notably:

*.hk
*.kr

Ask on d.i.s.turnpike for details of a custom rule to do it.

I think Custom rule reject /^X-Trace.*\.kr/h
or something like ought to do it NB UNTESTED

It will also bin anything posted by legit Hong kong users into u.r.g
Try it at your own risk!

Regards,
Martin Brown