Old 26-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
ups.com...

Thanks everyone. I really think I can do it. It's just like making a
table top fountain on a larger scale, right?

Regarding decorative tile, I don't need a lot of it and usually plain
ceramic tile isn't all that expensive.

I wish HGTV and the DIY Network had more programs specifically for
doing these types of projects.

There is pond newsgroup. The people there may be able to help.

I love the shows on HGTV on how to landscape. They will tell you that you
can build an elaborate garden complete with hardscape, water feature, and
lighting for about $12 and it will only take two days. Then they bring in a
crew of twenty laborers with shovels, a mason with helpers, an electrician,
a landscape architect, a carpenter, and assorted equipment including a
Bobcat, two backhoes, a dump truck, sod cutter, rototiller, wet saw,
vibratory compactor, and a 18 inch augur. After a few shovels of dirt have
been turned, you get a tour of a local garden center to select some pots or
a fountain. When the show returns to the worksite, the entire project is
ready for planting. The show goes to a commercial, and when it returns, the
crew is sweeping the sidewalk and the clueless homeowner are given a tour of
the garden where misinformation is dispensed about the plant material.