Old 26-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Christine O'Meally

Stubby wrote:

Christine O'Meally wrote:

We bought 6 holly bushes. One is doing really well, no dead branches
at all. They're all getting about the same amount of sun and are
watered and fertilized equally, and most of them are looking pretty
sad. One in particular seems to have more dead branches than live
ones. Any suggestions??

Chris O'Meally

Holly tends to get sooty mildew. Use Daconyl or Benemyl or your
favorite fungicide. Remove damaged parts.

Thanks - I was removing the dead branches but I was afraid that it might
be the wrong time of year or something - I did notice mildew and wasn't
sure just why it was there. Thank you so much!

Chris O'Meally