Old 26-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message z4gFe.1988$Eo3.1514@trnddc08
from "Michelle" contains these words:

Thanks to all that replied. Some of your responses were light hearted
while
others seemed more mean spirited but it is all good. Anyway, I will just
suck it up, I am not ready to give up gardening yet!!

For that good humoured grace, now you deserve a serious reply.

If you really, really mean that you have something approaching a
frog-phobia, or just that they make you feel very tense and panicky,
then the best solution is to address that problem in yourself. You can
follow a programme of desensitising yourself to the trigger combined
with learning coping-techniques, until the problem feelings fade away
and no longer bother you. This is very gradual, completely no-
threatening, and can be extremely effective. It's what I would do in
your circumstances. It's worth it to fully enjoy gardening, your garden
and all the magical life within it.

Your doctor should be able to supply a suitable reference.

Janet.