Old 26-07-2005, 05:25 PM

Oh, I know. I don't care for shows like that. Not realistic enough for
the everyday person. I like the programs like "Weekend Warriors" where
it has pretty much the average person getting something accomplished on
their own.

I'll search for the pond group. Thanks!

BTW, that is supposed to say "brick", of course, in the subject title
and not "brink"! I have no idea why I typed that.

Anyway, I found some "brinks" around the yard and drew with some chalk
on the house sort of a mock up of what I'm talking about. This is also
the location where I want to do it. Just to give a better visual.

Here's a pictu
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...2/IM002324.jpg

There is pond newsgroup. The people there may be able to help.

I love the shows on HGTV on how to landscape. They will tell you that you
can build an elaborate garden complete with hardscape, water feature, and
lighting for about $12 and it will only take two days. Then they bring in a
crew of twenty laborers with shovels, a mason with helpers, an electrician,
a landscape architect, a carpenter, and assorted equipment including a
Bobcat, two backhoes, a dump truck, sod cutter, rototiller, wet saw,
vibratory compactor, and a 18 inch augur. After a few shovels of dirt have
been turned, you get a tour of a local garden center to select some pots or
a fountain. When the show returns to the worksite, the entire project is
ready for planting. The show goes to a commercial, and when it returns, the
crew is sweeping the sidewalk and the clueless homeowner are given a tour of
the garden where misinformation is dispensed about the plant material.