Old 26-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Roy

As 2pods posted, it sure looks like Bog Bean to me as well.......but
yours seems to be doing quite well floating or being in the
water..MIne just sets there and does nothing......if its planted in
any depth of water...however that same plant when planted right at the
waters edge will grow pretty rapid, but still does not put any runners
directly into the water, it keeps its growth confined to the bank.....

On 26 Jul 2005 04:46:34 -0700, wrote:

===I bought a house with a water garden and have found this group to be a
===great resource in learning about the pond. The predominant plant in my
===pond is something that I have been unable to identify and can't find on
===any pond supply store's website. I have posted a picture he
===
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9885/77050248pa.jpg
===Can you help identify what it is? It is incredibly invasive and has a
===messy floating root system.
===thanks!

"The original frugal ponder"