Old 26-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Derek Broughton

Thanks for the responses - after checking out your responses, I am
skeptical that it is "Bog Bean" for two reasons, although the leaves
look to be a dead ringer:
1) Bog Bean is not Winter Hardy and I am living in Cleveland OH and I
didn't introduce this plant this year.
2) Bog Bean is supposed to flower and while this has been growing like
crazy, it has yet to flower (or even show signs of buds).

Neither of those sounds like sufficient reason to disbelieve the id. How
was it planted through the winter. If its roots were below the ice (and if
you got as much snow as you usually do, you might not have had a lot of
ice) it could survive. Flowering is often something that _doesn't_ happen
when a plant is growing vigourously. If your pond is nitrate heavy, that
can promote vegetative growth at the expense of flowers.

A google search on the other sugestions "j*briolis" yieldid no results
nor any spelling suggestions.

Sorry, that was just one of our resident trolls - there's no such plant.
Even if it had been a good joke, it's wasted on people who don't know the
history around here.

Anyone have a picture of "j*briolis"?

You really didn't want to ask...
--