Old 26-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Ceri Davies

On 2005-07-26, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:32:41 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 26/7/05 12:30, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:59:51 +0100, Judith Lea
wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to stop newsgroup spam - I have reported it to
Demon but nothing seems to be happening - is there anything I can do
this end?

Try filtering out the subject and the posters?

Nobody can filter the amount of junk that's been sent to this group lately.
Judith needs an ISP that helps to do some of that. Freeserve, who I used,
seemed to stop a lot of it, but not all of it.

Somebody claimed to have filtered the whole lot. I only got one big
burst of troll messages.

This basically got them all, but I doubt that there are many slrn users
he

[uk.rec.gardening]
Sco =-9999 % Spamming ****
Expires: 12/31/2008
% Kill anything with one of these in
{::
}

Ceri
not sure about the former. -- Einstein (attrib.)