Old 26-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Sacha

On 26/7/05 13:41, in article ,
" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 26/7/05 12:30, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:59:51 +0100, Judith Lea
wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to stop newsgroup spam - I have reported it to
Demon but nothing seems to be happening - is there anything I can do
this end?

Try filtering out the subject and the posters?

Nobody can filter the amount of junk that's been sent to this group lately.
Judith needs an ISP that helps to do some of that. Freeserve, who I used,
seemed to stop a lot of it, but not all of it.

... but with a decent newsreader it's trivial to ignore even that huge
amount of junk. It took me only a few seconds to realise what had
happened, look to see if anything interesting was interspersed and
then 'mark as read' the whole lot.

So what would you recommend Judith to use?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk