Old 26-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Harold Walker

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Harold Walker
writes

" I suggest you either see for yourself, or take your views from someone
who has been here for more than 'a couple of weeks'.

Suspect I saw more of the UK in a couple of weeks than most English folk
see
in a year....from Lancahsire to Yorkshire to Bristol way and point in
between and then bcak over to the east coastal area before taking in the
south shore....H

I think you are confusing 'travelling a long way' with 'seeing a great
deal'.

Kay...do not forget that I have been to England every two years since 1951
so my two weeks this year just convinces me a little more re some
things.....I confuse not.....if you go back to my first post you will see
I was referring to that which I saw along the railroad tracks and a couple
of allotments and not England from shore to shore....others introduced
subjects and I responded...be that as it may Kay....I still maintain the
UK aint what it used to be....some, without a doubt a distinct improvement
over the past and some just the opposite....when I see some of the
renovations in York I wish that many places over here would see the same
improvements.....we have slums galore that had they been in England they
would have been torn down long ago.....those improvements I admire but not
the social system you have...how true it is I know not but someone told me
that some of the streets louts on assistance even get an allowance for the
dog with some even borrowing a dog to get extra lolly...now that may just
be gossip for an American ear.....even tho y'all have complaints about
your medical system it is much better than having none at all as is the
case with over 40 million over here.....I hear of complaints re your
railroad system....it may not be as good as it once was but it is one
helluva sight better than ours....pros and cons in life....take your
pick..H

--
Kay