Old 26-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Jacqueline Cahoon

Default What to do with cherry tomatoes

Back in the spring, I discovered that what I thought was a normal-size
orange tomato plant was in fact an orange *cherry* tomato. I loath &
despise cherry tomatoes, and have just been giving them away to more
tolerant neighbors and co-workers.

But while washing off the newly-ripened tomatoes this evening, I
popped one in my mouth. It was the best-tasting tomato I've ever had,
*very* sweet balanced with a delicate spiciness, meaty & with very
few seeds. Needless to say, I'm hording the rest of my crop.

Eating them by the handful is quite satisfactory, but I'm wondering
what else I can do with them that doesn't overwhelm that delicate
sweetness. Even a salad seems too heavy-handed. Any ideas?