Old 27-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Keith Warren

Jacqueline,

I planted two Sweet 100's and a Grape that have all flourished. I've given
so many away, people now run whenever they see me with a basket in hand. I'm
thinking of trying to dry some so that I can at least save them for later.

To your question.............

I have two pasta dishes, (One hot & mild and one cold& spicy) where Grape or
Cherry Tomatoes are the centerpiece flavor-wise that I'd be happy to share.

If your interested, email me off-line (since this is a Garden forum and not
a Recipe forum) and I'll send'em on over.

Keith

kill the "spamhater" in my address and messages will find their way home.

"Jacqueline Cahoon" wrote in message
Back in the spring, I discovered that what I thought was a normal-size
orange tomato plant was in fact an orange *cherry* tomato. I loath &
despise cherry tomatoes, and have just been giving them away to more
tolerant neighbors and co-workers.

But while washing off the newly-ripened tomatoes this evening, I
popped one in my mouth. It was the best-tasting tomato I've ever had,
*very* sweet balanced with a delicate spiciness, meaty & with very
few seeds. Needless to say, I'm hording the rest of my crop.

Eating them by the handful is quite satisfactory, but I'm wondering
what else I can do with them that doesn't overwhelm that delicate
sweetness. Even a salad seems too heavy-handed. Any ideas?