Old 27-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Rob Mills

I never dreamed that getting rid of some worms could be such an ordeal but
while having dinner tonight a light bulb came on in my head. When I was in a
Jr High shop class in the mid 40's I did a project called a worm digger. It
consisted of two 30 inch steel rods with turned wood handles on one end,
each rod had one leg of a 120 volt ac line fastened to it. To operate it you
inserted each rod in the ground (about 24 in apart) as far as you could get
them and then (you guessed it) you plugged them in and the worms started
surfacing to the ground. I didn't get a whole lot of worms to come up then
but then I didn't have a massive worm bed to work with either. If it works
I'll have a lot of happy fish. RM~

PS, This is "very dangerous" (no jr high shop teacher would get away with
this today) so don't try it unless you are very comfortable working with
electricity.