Old 27-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:01:17 +0000, Teassi
wrote:

Thank you, SuE

I will try.

I just got it out of the pot - the roots are healthy and white - the
tops - the leaves are healthy - but there is no visible nodes left on a
stem - I cut them up to the leaves,
The crown part of the plant is gone.

Looks like that the future for the D. Lim Chong Min is questionable.

Can be the roots of any use?

I salvaged another plant from the same Secretary day thing - it is Den.
Sonia New Bom "MT" - it is sitting on my SW office window (glass is
tinted), I put some sphagnum moss on the top, and some around the
bottom and water it a bit every - 2-3 days just to keep the sphagnum
slightly humid - otherwise the air is way too dry.

Cheers

Teassi

If the canes are completely rotten thru. - soft and mushy - no.
If there is some cane that is not soft and mushy - you could try.
Barely moist. Dendrobium want TIGHT SHOES. That is they want
small pots and very tight planting so that the water runs thru
and they dry out. They are not Phal's that want 'moist' all the
time. Even Phal's are happier if they hit dry between watering.
Phal's just don't ever want to hit bone dry. Some Dendrobiums
will not set buds unless they are not watered for 6 weeks or
more. DO NOT over water a Dendrobium.

SuE