Old 26-07-2005, 10:36 PM
[H]omer

Mike wrote:

Keeping the vermin cat out of the garden is one of the most important
elements of our being able to enjoy the 'natural' wild life. Why the Hell
aren't all vermin cats drowned at birth? Just what good do they do for
society? NOTHING

Oh God the 'Owners' will now have a go at me to prove that they DO NOT have
me killfiled :-))))))

You insensitive clod!

There's nothing wrong with cats ... that a muzzle, straightjacket, and
shackles won't cure

Seriously though, there are a whole series of laws that restrict what
dogs (and their owners) can do - Control of Dogs Order; Town Police
Clauses Act; Dogs Act; Animals Act, Road Traffic Act, Clean
Neighbourhoods and Environment Act; Guard Dogs Act; and the Dangerous
Dogs Act.

Where are the associated restrictions for cats and their owners?

Every law I've read relating to cats is about *protecting* the cold,
beady-eyed, vicious little b'stards.

At least dogs don't decimate the local wildlife.

If someone is going to have a pet, let them keep it on a leash. No excuses.

I’m not naturally malicious, but sorry (to those who care) – if I saw a
cat attacking the birds in my garden then I’d bash its head in with the
garden spade, and have no compunction about doing it either.

--
[H]omer

Problem with cats in your garden?
Try this: http://img169.exs.cx/img169/6382/kitten8va.jpg