Old 27-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Travis

Jacqueline Cahoon wrote:
Back in the spring, I discovered that what I thought was a
normal-size orange tomato plant was in fact an orange *cherry*
tomato. I loath & despise cherry tomatoes, and have just been
giving them away to more tolerant neighbors and co-workers.

But while washing off the newly-ripened tomatoes this evening, I
popped one in my mouth. It was the best-tasting tomato I've ever
had, *very* sweet balanced with a delicate spiciness, meaty & with
very few seeds. Needless to say, I'm hording the rest of my crop.

Eating them by the handful is quite satisfactory, but I'm wondering
what else I can do with them that doesn't overwhelm that delicate
sweetness. Even a salad seems too heavy-handed. Any ideas?

Do you have a husband? Is his name Geoff?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5