Old 27-07-2005, 05:57 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:00:32 -0500, "Judi" wrote:

All of a sudden I have tiny black bugs on some of my plants. I was thinking
spider mites but I'm just not sure.
They seem to be mostly on the floating type plants.
I used a few drops of dish detergent in a spray bottle of water. Worked for
a few days but now they are back.
What would you use on your pond plants? Insecticidal soap?

thanks for any help
judi

Aphids are often black on water plants. If it was lilies I'd say squish
them, otherwise keep using the detergent & water if it works (though using
detergent around fish isn't recommended) you'll have to do this every 3
days at least 3 times to get all the bugs and the hatching eggs. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~