Old 27-07-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Victorian kitchen / garden BBC TV series; 2 questions.

I'm guessing that a fair number people may remember these 3 similarly
titled successful BBC TV series:

The Victorian kitchen garden, with Harry Dodson & Peter Thoday,
The Victorian kitchen, also with Ruth Mott,
and finally, The Victorian flower garden, with HD & PT

I've got 2 quite specific questions about these programmes, which could
be difficult to answer.

Firstly, I've just finished watching all 3 series (released on DVD &
Video) I remember really clearly a scene with Ruth Mott and Alison the
scullery maid in the Victorian kitchen series, where Ruth Mott drew a
kind of pencil line on to the back of Alison's legs to create a very
cheap stocking leg effect. (For some weird reason, it just sticks in
my mind) However, this scene does not appear in the video that I've
just finished watching. Is this because they made a second series of
this particular kitchen series, or was it in some kind of one-off TV
program about cooking during the war period (I seem to remember that it
had some kind of WW2 theme, although I could be mistaken.)

Secondly, does anyone remember that one-off program that featured the
head gardener, Harry Dodson, enjoying a glass of wine and chatting to
his Canadian fans in an outdoors location, possibly even near that
spectacular waterfall location, Niagra Falls? Did this program include
any return visit back to the garden itself?

Mainly curious really, regards, dnw.