Old 27-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Bourne Identity

I make Baba Ganush and spread it warm onto Wasa Crackers, topped with
a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and halved cherry tomatoes.
Actually, I grow grape tomatoes. The mockingbirds and cardinals have
their own plants and it is great fun watching them fight over them and
try to feed them to their fledgelings.

Victoria

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:50:54 -0400, Jacqueline Cahoon
wrote:

Back in the spring, I discovered that what I thought was a normal-size
orange tomato plant was in fact an orange *cherry* tomato. I loath &
despise cherry tomatoes, and have just been giving them away to more
tolerant neighbors and co-workers.

But while washing off the newly-ripened tomatoes this evening, I
popped one in my mouth. It was the best-tasting tomato I've ever had,
*very* sweet balanced with a delicate spiciness, meaty & with very
few seeds. Needless to say, I'm hording the rest of my crop.

Eating them by the handful is quite satisfactory, but I'm wondering
what else I can do with them that doesn't overwhelm that delicate
sweetness. Even a salad seems too heavy-handed. Any ideas?