Old 23-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Anne Wheeldon

Default Moving Roses.

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Warwick
writes
The only thing to note really is
that it is inadvisable to replant any of the roses into a place
previously occupied by another rose.

Does that count if putting them back in the same space?

I'm not personally in the position to move any to try (our only rose is
a patio job in a pot), but does the rule work if you take it out and
put it back int he same place?

AIUI, putting the same rose back into the same place from which it was
previously removed would be fine - that's why I used the word 'another'.

--
dave @ stejonda

I've always wondered about this. I mean if you've got a rose garden, like
David Austin for example, surely you replace roses if they die or get
diseased or whatever. You can't just leave a big gap or plant something
totally different. Probably you need to replace the soil and ensure there's
adequate nutrients to replace what went before, but I'm sure it must be
possible.

And in the wild roses must reseed themselves or sucker all round their
parents without suffering too much, otherwise there wouldn't be any for
breeders to breed from.

Just a thought. Probably rubbish! ;-)
Anne

calculate your ecological footprint