Old 27-07-2005, 01:41 PM
BAC

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

OK, I apologise.
In that case, I just think you are wrong ;-)me think not...also agreed
with by a few I met over there...aint like it used to be and will never

be
the same.....you and I have lived during the better years of the

UK...the
same applies to the usa...from one stubborn Yorkshireman to a stubborn
Yorkshirewoman.

Isn't it an almost universal truth that every generation tends to wax on
about the 'good old days' and opine that 'things ain't what they used to
be'? Change is inevitable, so it's true that things will not be what they
used to be, but not necessarily that the net change has been for the worse
(although I still think they were wrong to do away with steam trains,
trolley buses, DDT and gas lamps, of course).