Old 27-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Nina

Well, Jim, it gives me a chance to use the facts I learned in college
Paleobotany, which, I have to admit, almost *never* come in handy. But
I took the course from Charles Beck, one of the leading figures in
understanding the evolution of the seed, and he was a wonderful
teacher. He held the course at 8 am to discourage casual students from
taking it.

I double-checked my facts (college was a long time ago!) in a very good
book called "Green Plants: their origin and diversity" by Peter R. Bell
(Cambridge University Press), in case any of you ever have a pressing
need to know the life cycle of Isoetes.

Nina. The pokeweed in my backyard is now 15 feet tall: HELP ME!

Jim Lewis wrote:
Save her message. It could be useful. In fact, it IS useful.