Old 27-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Transplanting Tree Peony?

When I moved into my house 3 years ago, I found what I believe is a
tree peony way in the back of the yard. Everything had been neglected
for so long, and this was no exception.

1st year it was a stick with a few leaves, about 2 or 3 feet tall. Last
year the top died, and it started growing from the bottom. This year,
it is like a new plant, bigger and leafier than ever. But it is in
deep, dry shade, and I have no hope that it will ever bloom or amount
to anything where it is....

I've heard they are very difficult to transplant. Anyone have any
experience with this? I have a nice sunny spot in the front yard where
I'm sure it would be happier, but I hate to kill it in the process. I'd
rather leave it where it is than kill it.

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.
Thanks!