Old 26-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Feeding embothrium was Grey Water for Garden?

The message
from Chris Hogg contains these words:
The other, and I must admit pretty rare occasion, is when
applying grey water to plants that are poisoned by phosphate, i.e.
protaceae. I doubt if many urglers grow them, but some may grow the
Chilean Fire Tree, Embothrium coccinium, which is a member of that
family. But again, the occasional watering won't make much difference.

So what, if anything, do I feed my embothrium coccinium with? It was
planted as a small stick last year, flowered this year, and is growing
at a terrific rate in a sheltered corner. It's only 2 or 3 metres from
the compost heaps so will probably get its feet into some very rich soil
in a year or two, is this a Bad Thing for it?

Janet