Old 27-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Bevan Price

"mandyp" wrote in message

Hi

I have had part of my lawn turfed this year, the rest of the lawn is
existing grass. I moved into the house last April, so only had the
money to get half of the lawn redone.

I'd really like to maintain the grass (both new and existing) to avoid
moss/weeds getting a grip over Winter.

I've been feeding the grass and used Evergreen to kill the moss earlier
in the year however there are still quite a lot of weeds in it, I
daresay they'll diminish in time.

I wondered if there's something I can do to limit the moss etc during
autumn/winter.

Thanks from a keen beginner!!!

--
mandyp

You can remove some moss with a lawn rake, and kill some with mosskiller
(basically iron sulphate), but unless you can improve the drainage, the moss
will keep returning every year. Moss thrives on lawns (like mine) which
retain water after it rains.

Bevan