Old 27-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Harold Walker

An important factor is that accommodation in Britain is so expensive:
relatively poor people often can't afford holidays at home. This is
ridiculous, but there we go.

--
Mike.

Must admit Mike that for most of my time I spent "for free" so the expenses
amounted to little. The only two nights I had to pay for was one in
Cantebury and had a real nice B&B for 35 pounds and the Brigstow Hotel in
Bristol for 145 pounds....as to food I thought that was cheap...at least the
way I ate....pork pies, steak and kidney ones, sausage rolls , pastries etc.
and fish and chips without the chips...the piece of fish was so huge that is
all I could manage....after the first fish and chips and giving the chips to
the seagulls I ordered fish only.....back to my home style eating which is
the opposite of the pork pies and the likes.....my low fat healthy diet with
home baked bread and the likes and much use of shanks pony rather than those
wonderful trains of yours.....H